INTERNATIONAL SUPER MODEL, ACTOR AND ENTREPRENEUR BUKOLA TAIWO COVERS TYRON STYLE MAGAZINE:
A truly remarkable definition of Beauty, Glamour, Fashion and style, with a smoking hot body, BUKOLA TAIWO stuns on the cover of the September latest issue 2 of Tyron Style Magazine!
The Super Model royalty talks about her modeling career, challenges, rise to fame, beauty tips, and lots more….
About BUKOLA TAIWO
Bukola taiwo has been a runway model in the late 80s n early 90s. And has modeled in New York, Paris, London and Milan. And now she’s Back to Nigeria and still gracing that runway. Apparently, she’s Working on her own projects and putting her portfolio together. Bukola Taiwo Walked for MD clothing, Odeva, loisonell, Ade Bakare to mention a few. She has graced the cover of magazines.. Amazon’s, Veno int’l, Black n Beautiful and many more. She’s has also Been a judge at nigeria next super model and also at super runway cervical cancer project. Bukola taiwo is the face of cervical cancer awareness campaign. She was Presented an award at the rock n rave fashion tv launch. She was given recognition as the oldest African on the runway at style and essence magazine awards, and Also at the NDCA. Bukola Taiwo walked on d runway at both events. These are just a few of what she has done here in Nigeria.
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE INTERNATIONAL SUPER MODEL
7 BEAUTY TIPS FOR PERFECT FOUNDATION
7 BEAUTY TIPS FOR PERFECT FOUNDATION
Foundation can make your face look flawless and airbrushed, or it can add age by creating a visible mask on your face. Let’s talk about tips and tricks for perfect Foundation:
1) Chose Your Perfect Match.
To chose the right shade of foundation is a base and most important part of your makeup success.
While making your choice of foundation, test it on your jawline or on your cheek in the daylight and, preferably, use magnifying mirror. The foundation tone is correct if it disappears on your skin without blending. Another great tip for picking up the right foundation colour is – ask for a sample and try it on at home. Don’t be shy, usually, beauty consultants in shops are very helpful and will always be glad to assist you.
2) Prepare Your Canvas.
To achieve flawless and “perfect” skin, make sure that you exfoliate and moisturise your skin regularly. Apply your day cream before applying foundation and wait for about 10 minutes to let the product “sink” into your skin. Primer is also a great tool to help you minimise pores, smooth the
skin texture and mattify your face, but this step is totally optional (unless you want your foundation to last the whole day). I wouldn’t recommend to layer both moisturiser and primer, because it can lead to “caky” face. You can also use combined product that contains both moisturising properties and can prime your face as well.
3) Less Is More.
you don’t need to apply foundation all over your face. Dab your fountain only on the places you need. For example, cover redness on the cheeks, hide some pimples and even out your skin tone where necessary. Like this your face will look more natural and fresh. Start applying
your foundation from the middle of your face and
gradually blend it to the outer edges.
4) Use Right Tools.
Professional makeup artists love to use Beautyblender, foundation brushes or tips of their fingers, depending on the type of converge and finish you desire. You can also dampen the beautyblender or your brush for more natural and flawless finish.
5) Concealer goes after foundation.
Find a concealer that is close to your skin tone, or one shade lighter (going too light will look fake). If you apply concealer after the foundation you will use less product and, having your foundation as a base, will prevent concealer from creasing to achieve more flawless finish. Avoid layering too much concealer, remember the rule – “less is more”.
6) Good lightening and magnifying mirror are your best friends while applying your foundation.
If you want to avoid the “jawline mark” on your face, where your foundation finishes and your natural skin starts, as well as patchy, caky spots, then chose the brightest area in your room and apply your foundation there, in front of magnifying mirror. Like this you will avoid unpleasant surprises when your face looks perfect inside, and patchy and caky on a daylight when you go out.
7) Finish up your makeup using luminous powder.
Luminous powders have light reflecting particles and make your skin look polished and glowing, they make your face shine “from within” without looking like a “glitter bomb” and without looking greasy. Unlike mat powders, luminous powder won’t make your face lifeless and dull. I am not
against matt versions of powder, but I find luminous ones much more interesting, because they help to create more sophisticated and “polished” looking skin, and also help to set your makeup. Here are my “top choice” great luminous powders.
EXPERIENCE 100% LUXURY VACATION AT ED SCOB SUITE
ED Scob Suites is a safe haven for relaxation, business meeting or pleasure. We attend to the unique needs of our numerous customers uniquely with a touch of professionalism. Our members of staff are constantly trained and kept abreast of emerging global trends in the hospitality industry. Our location is strategic and the security of lives and properties are guaranteed. We are fully aware that the impression a customer has about an organization is strongly influenced by the way the organization has fulfilled his/her expectations. Not fulfilling the expectations causes disappointment. We strongly believe that fulfilling the expectations however is not enough. At ED Scob Suites, our passionate resolve is to exceed your expectation.
Ed Scob Suite offers a wide range of value added services geared towards your comfort and
satisfaction. And are strategically located at a spot in the city that is surrounded by malls and
boutiques and easily accessible from the airport and business districts. Also, All rooms have modern facilities that would make your stay both enjoyable and memorable. All rooms are neatly arranged and all their facilities are checked on a regular basis.
So, Visit Ed Scob Suite Today at 7 Tade Aranmolate Close By Williams Close, Aguda, Surulere Lagos, Nigeria. Call For Reservation On: 018436027, 018436028, 018436029, Or Email: email@example.com http://www.edscobsuite.com
7 Tricks to Creating The Perfect Outfit
So this is pretty easy, see we even have a formula for you…
1 classic pairing + 1 wild card = sartorial success
THE PERFECT PAIR: Striped Shirt + Leather Crossbody Bag THE WILD CARD: Floral-Print
THE PERFECT PAIR: Blazer + Skinny Jeans THE WILD CARD: Statement Scarf
THE PERFECT PAIR: LBD + Strappy Sandals THE WILD CARD: Denim Jacket
3 Steps To Getting A Curvier, Sexier & More Toned Body!
Here are 3 steps to tone and shape your lower body:
1. Tone your butt, hips and thighs with these three body weight exercises: steps ups, lunges and squats. Notice that these exercises are all done standing up. You will burn more calories and body fat doing stand up exercises rather than sitdown or laydown exercises. Your core muscles will also be worked more with stand up exercises. You want your butt, hips and thighs to look good
in 3-D space right? Then, you need to do different variations of these exercises such as:
(a.) Front step ups, lateral step ups, transverse step ups. Try to do step ups on a platform that is at least knee high to work the butt and hamstrings more.
(b.) Front lunges, side lunges, reverse lunges, transverse lunges, lunge step ups, etc. Step out further on your lunges to work your hamstrings and butt more. A smaller step will work your quadriceps more (quads are worked enough
during other exercises.
(c.) Standard squats, lateral squats, one-leg squats, Bulgarian split squats, prisoner squats, Y squats, etc. Repeating squat jumps is also a great leg toner exercise. Note: Romanian deadlifts, glute/ham raises and good mornings are great hamstring exercises.
2. Tone your legs faster by doing mainly fast interval cardio and very little long, slow cardio sessions. What do I mean by fast cardio? Read on…. Its really pretty simple. Cut down your cardio sessions to about 20 minutes of high intensity interval cardio training (HIIT)….all it takes is 3 days a week (combined with 3 days a week of strength training). An example of HIIT would be running outside on grass for 20 minutes: Sprint 50-60 yards and walk back. Repeat this routine for 20 minutes. Running on the ground forces you to provide all the momentum with no help from machines. So, you will burn more fat. Never run on concrete, asphalt or other hard surfaces to prevent injuries!
3. Take your interval cardio one step further by progressing to incline or hill running. Just run as fast as you can and walk back down. Do this for about 20 minutes a session
TUNDE AFOLABI CAMPAIGN AGAINST MODEL EXPLOITATIONS
Afolabi alleged that models were under remunerated despite the good job they were doing to boost the industry, and this had been affecting them in advancing their careers, he said.
He appealed to advertisers to give commensurate payment to models in line with their inputs to the sector.
Afolabi said that advertising practitioners were the intermediary between corporate organisations and models.
“Advertisers hunt for job for models but the models, who executed such jobs, are paid below expectations. The models complained to their modeling agents about the poor wages paid to them for a job well done. This shows that they are displeased. If they continue to be poorly remunerated , it will frustrate them out of the business which can kill the modeling industry, “ Afolabi said.
The practitioner said that models were individuals that used their talents, creativity, images and intellect to advertise products to the outside world.
Afolabi urged advertising practitioners to partner modeling agencies to develop the industry.
He said that modeling agents groomed individuals before they become models.
“We train, educate and groom individuals to discover and bring out the modelling talents in them. They are being trained to fulfill their dreams and earn a living,’’ he said.
The CEO advised advertising practitioners against entering into contractual agreement with individual models, saying that it was against the ethics of the profession.
“Agents are supposed to sign contractual agreements with advertising practitioners on behalf of models. That is the rule in the profession; and the reverse must not be the case’’, he said.
#SMEIN #StopModelsExploitationInNigeria #RespectNigeriaModels #CUWA
CHOOSING THE RIGHT SKIN CARE FOR YOU
Makeup experts and skin care specialists refer often to various skin types — dry, oily, combination — assuming you know which category you fall under. Your skin care regimen depends on your skin type, but not everyone has a good understanding of their skin. As a result, their skin care plan is more of the hit-or-miss variety. It is important to note here that more often than not, people neglect their bodies and focus more on face care which is why Emmaus Beauty stands out as it caters to body care. This article is aimed at skin care education as opposed to face care.
It is imperative you know Your Skin type
What description fits you best?
Dry skin; “Dry skin can be flaky and easily irritated. It’s more sensitive,” says Linda Franks, MD, director of Gramercy Park Dermatology and clinical assistant professor in the department of dermatology at New York University School of Medicine in New York. She says if your skin has these qualities and also tends to react to some (or all) of the skin products you have tried, you have dry skin. The extreme version of dry skin is sensitive skin.
Oily skin; The primary test for determining if you have oily skin is when you start to feel some oil on your face. Most people can feel a little oil by late afternoon, but if you feel oil around midday, you have oily skin. Oily skin rarely reacts negatively to skin products like dry, sensitive skin types do. It has slightly better natural sun protection, but is also prone to acne.
Combination skin; If the description of dry skin matches your cheeks, but the description of oily skin matches your “T-zone” (nose and brow area primarily), you have combination skin.
Matching skin care to skin type is important. There are two commonly used skin care products that just about everyone can learn more about: toner and too-frequent exfoliation- both of which can strip away the protective layers of your skin. This is the reason one is advised to only use the Emmaus Touch of Love about twice a week. Soaked in a proprietary blend of Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel, and Arginine, the Touch of Love towels are individually packaged to preserve its potency and exclusively formulated to help certain skin conditions such as Keratosis Pilaris (KP), Psoriasis, Eczema, Body Acne, dark spots & discoloration. In the long run your soft, smooth, glowing, and blemish free skin could be revealed.
Dry skin needs babying and lots of tender, loving care. Here are a few key components of dry skin care:
Cleanse; Use a gentle cleanser. You should be able to cleanse at night and not have to cleanse again in the morning. Focusing on all natural ingredients, mild cleansers such as the Emmaus Smiling Beads gently exfoliates the skin, and is suitable for all skin types.
Moisturize; Emmaus Softness Bliss is a rich lotion which protects and nourishes your skin with a combination of Baobab, Sunflower, Coconut, and Grape Seed Oil, while Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid sloughs away dry, dead skin cells to encourage the skin’s renewal process. Skin is smoother, softer, and less dehydrated after the first use. Continued use will reveal clear, glowing skin.
Caring for Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, you’ll have an easier time finding skin care products that won’t irritate, but your challenge is managing the oil:
Cleanse; People with oily skin or acne should wash with a gentle cleanser morning and evening. A tip for cleansing thoroughly- Use your fingertips and rub it in for 30 seconds before rinsing.
TRAVEL IN STYLE WITH AERO CONTRACTORS
Aero Contractors Provide a safe, reliable, efficient and competitive service to their customers.
• To be the leading business-to-business aviation service provider.
• To provide tailor-made aviation solutions for the oil and gas industry, in particular, and other industries in general.
• To combine Rotary Wing, Fixed Wing, maintenance and logistical support in one package.
• To deliver the highest quality and safety standards, anywhere in the world. Since then Aero has gone on to provide both rotary and fixed wing services to all the major oil and gas companies and supporting industries working in Nigerian and in the West African region.
You can also call any of our call centre numbers, or any of
the numbers at our sales outlets.
If you would like to send us a complaint or compliment, or
share your travel experiences with us, please call 01-6284140
Mani Monday: Dark Nail Hues Work All Year Round
Nowadays it’s easy to feel so overwhelmed when venturing in to a nail salon with so many nail options to jazz up or little nail canvases. The summer months traditionally inspired us to sport a range of hues from tangerine orange to neoprene pinks. But, who said you have to wait till the temperature drops before you can opt for a darker hue?
There’s something exciting and astonishing about wearing a midnight purple colour with a subtle flick of metallic shimmer during the hotter months of the year (I say this while sporting exactly that; OPI’s Lincoln Park at Midnight).
Dark nails give off a sense of youthfulness yet that typical dash of deliberate rebelliousness, which works all year round. So this week why not break the rules and go for a deeper and darker shade on the colour palette. If you are unsure about what colour to try first, stay within the family of your favourite colour or tone and drop the brightness down a few notches, for example make the shift from a baby blue to a glossy navy or swap your fuchsia pink to tomato red to oxblood.
Be Your Own Boss. Learn How to Start Your Own Business Today.
So, Running your own business is a stressful but good career and life choice. It demands your time and focus. Start by expecting to live your work until it is established so it can get off the ground. There are many different opinions about how to start a business. Read below for some basic ideas and guidelines to get you started.
1. Come up with an idea. You will need an idea for a business before you do anything else. This should be something you are passionate about, since your new business will consume a great deal of your time and money. Come up with business ideas by identifying things people need and are willing to pay for, that isn’t provided in your area, or which you can provide better than anyone else.
2. Consider if it is possible. Before going too far, think about how plausible your idea is. Is it something that people would actually pay for? Will it turn enough of a profit to be worth spending your time to do it? You will also need to be sure that it is possible to put into action. While it would be great to have a computer which makes food magically appear out of thin air, this is simply impossible (unless you’re Patrick Stewart.)
3. Be sure it’s unique. Whatever your idea is, be sure it’s as unique as possible. This will help you eliminate or significantly combat competition, which will make your business more successful. Simply putting a small spin on a currently existing product (making blue Red vines or something like that) is not usually enough to build a business on, so push the envelope!
4. Determine your cost of operation. You will need a solid business plan to present to any investors and the best place to start would be with determining your basic cost of operations. This will outline and help you determine how much money is needed to produce the product or offer the service you intend to offer or produce. It includes production costs, shipping, taxes, worker’s wages, rent for work space, etc. Knowing your cost of operations will be vital to determining if your business will be profitable, since you will need to make more than this baseline in order to remain in business.
5. Determine your potential market. Be realistic. How many people will realistically use your business? How much will they pay to use your services? If either number is too small in comparison to how much it will cost you to stay in business, then you should reconsider or change
6. Determine impediments. You will need to plan ahead for all of the problems which can get in the way of running a business. Evaluate your competition; if their market share or product offering is too strong and stable, then you will have a very hard time breaking into the market. No one will want to buy an equally priced or more expensive version of a perfectly good product or service which already exists.
You will also need to explore the associated regulations and laws, especially regarding taxes. You should ask your local state authorities, as well getting information from the IRS.
Make sure there are no prohibitive costs, such as
equipment which is too expensive to make the business profitable. For example, cars didn’t take off until Ford figured out how to make them cheap by building more efficient equipment.
7. Write up a budget. Once you have a general idea of how much money you have to work with, write up a budget for marketing which indicates how much money you have available to spend on advertising.
8. Create ideas fitting your budget. Once you know how much money you have, research the costs of different types of marketing and come up with ideas which fit those methods and are effective for the price range.